Saturday, November 26, 2011

Has Been.

It's been a while since my last post. Actually, it's been a pet euthanasia, address change, family fallout, CT scan, and one airborne headlight since my last post. And I'm not the only one with distractions. Everyone on my Reading List gave up, died or apparently became paralyzed from the neck down, because only two authors I've so proudly recommended have uploaded anything new in the past six months. One of those was to announce their blog's retirement.

Along with my Reading List, I've updated my photo as well. The time has come for me to admit my eyes don't look like that anymore. Either that, or come up with some believable reason as to why it's impossible to recognize me from the old photograph, which I've tried...and failed to do. I think the image you see now perfectly captures the me from further away, say last year or so. (Baby steps.)

More changes are on the way, as I now must learn how to write while wearing skinny jeans. Even more challenging will be writing while simultaneously backhanding my husband--his first response to my new pants was, "That makes me think of Danny Devito." He tried to explain that it was an especially funny episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, but does it really matter? I can't think of a scenario in which the appropriate response to something I'm wearing would be "That makes me think of Danny DeVito."

As 2011 comes to a close and I painfully rip What Has Been away to reveal What Is, Danny DeVito likeness and all, I am uplifted by the promise of more stories to share. Like that of my cannibal goldfish. My foray into the world of roller derby. And the fact that I am now living in a bed and breakfast, and have already been seen in a towel by more than one guest.

Stay tuned, followers. I am back!

No comments:

Post a Comment