Wednesday, September 9, 2009

(But still) Life is good.



I pride myself on being blissfully, even ignorantly, positive. I also am, less proudly so, attention-span challenged. I accept this about myself, because I see no signs of it improving anytime soon. So to me, the Life is good philosophy delivered by Jake and Rocket is not just a philosophy, but a way of life: inspiration to go. Thoughts like "The little things in life are the big things" are what get me through the day sometimes.

But lately, and for the first time, I feel like my inspiration drive-through needs a supersize option, and the whole world is on a diet. My friends are getting laid off, my family is fighting over healthcare reform, and I can't even trust the guy who writes the movie descriptions on the back of the DVD box to tell the truth anymore (rent Adventureland and you'll see what I mean).

Since Life is good. has always been able to put me on the right track, I thought maybe it would mean more to add my own thoughts to theirs. I've decided to compile a new list every day of five things that remind me Life is good. It's actually pretty easy.

September 9, 2009
My friend Dustin makes amazing salsa. My friend Dustin also shares.
My sister has transformed from my worst enemy to my best friend.
I have more than one pair of jeans that I really love.
My husband cooks dinner every night and never complains.
Kelsey Grammar is coming back to tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment